Watercolour & Masking Techniques with Michele Nidenoff
Dates & Times
Sunday, February 2, 2020
9:30 am to 4:00 pm Studio Opens at 9:00 a.m.
In this workshop we will explore lettering with masking techniques and create watercolour backgrounds.
Demonstrations will include various watercolour washes and decorative techniques, lettering with masking fluid, lifting letters from a watercolour background, using masking tape to make negative space to letter in, and adding positive letters to create emphasis and interest. Exemplars for several lettering styles will be provided or bring your own.
All levels welcome!
Michele is a freelance illustrator and calligrapher. She has been teaching calligraphy to students ranging in age from children to seniors since 1990. Michele also teaches drawing and watercolour.
• Watercolours, can include Metallic
• Masking Fluid
• Gouache and/or Ink
• Watercolour Brushes, sizes 6 and 10 or 12
• Old Brush for Masking Fluid, size 3 or 4 (optional)
• Mixing Brush and Tray
• Water Containers, Paper Towel
• 4 or 5 pieces of 9 x 12” Watercolour Paper
• 12 x 16” Masonite Board to stretch
(unless you have a watercolour block)
• Speedball C- Series Nibs or other
Broadedge Nibs (various sizes)
• Speedball B- Series Nibs (various sizes)
• Pencil, a few Watercolour Pencils, Ruler, Eraser, Scissors
• Low Tack Masking Tape
9” x 12” Watercolour Paper will be available for purchase at $1.00 each. There will also be some Watercolours,Mixing Trays and Watercolour Bushes available for use if you don’t have any.
Members and Friends: $80 Early bird rate until December 27, 2019: $70
Non-Members: $100 Early bird rate December 27, 2019: $90
Neilson Park Creative Centre (NPCC)
56 Neilson Drive